Call for Editors – Special Issue
Journal of L.M. Montgomery Studies
L.M. Montgomery Institute, University of Prince Edward Island
The Journal of L.M. Montgomery Studies (journaloflmmontgomerystudies.ca), a peer-reviewed publication of the L.M. Montgomery Institute (LMMI) at the University of Prince Edward Island, invites proposals from potential editors for an online special collection on any theme relating to Montgomery’s writing, life, or legacy.
Since its launch in 2019, the Journal has published work connected to the LMMI’s biennial conferences: “L.M. Montgomery and Reading” is available in print and online, while “Vision” and “Re-vision” articles are currently being published on our website. The Journal also supports the publication of responses to Montgomery that go beyond these conference themes, as an ongoing Journal collection on “L.M. Montgomery and Mental Health” and our open-themed “L.M. Montgomery: Vistas” attest. Via this current call, the Journal aims to include new editors, themes, and article types in its host of publications.
To propose an online special collection with yourself as editor, please submit a proposal with the following information:
- An overview of anticipated due dates (for abstracts, full papers), roll-out dates
- An overview of editor(s)’ editorial experience (highlighting experience editing a volume of essays or a journal issue)
- An overview of the proposed collection—e.g., theme, topics, questions, material
- Identification of potential readership
- Anticipated number of publications (and anticipated breakdown of types: peer reviewed article, personal essay, creative writing, etc.)
- An overview of related disciplines, sub-fields, particularly as they relate to potential audiences and peer reviewers (both from within and beyond LMM studies).
We accept proposals from solo editors or pairs of editors. Proposals will be vetted by the L.M. Montgomery Institute Committee and by the Journal of L.M. Montgomery Studies editorial board, with the latter approving proposals via open discussion followed by an anonymous vote. We welcome proposals from LMMI committee members and editorial board members who will rescue themselves from any discussion or vote on the proposals. We anticipate proceeding with one, or perhaps two, proposed special collections from this call.
Information on “Proposing and Co-editing a JLMMS Collection” from Dr. Lesley Clement (Journal consulting editor and experienced co-editor) is available here.
The co-editor(s) will agree to work within the Journal’s existing structures (as outlined on journaloflmmontgomerystudies.ca) and in consultation with editor, Dr. Kate Scarth. The Journal will provide some administrative, and other, support.
Deadline for proposals: 1 June 2023. The outcome will be relayed to applicants in July 2023, and work on the collection may begin immediately.
Proposals, as well as any questions, should be directed to the Journal of L.M. Montgomery Studies editor, Dr. Kate Scarth, at firstname.lastname@example.org